Want to know about a marketing channel that isn’t going away soon? Email marketing automation. Email marketing helps you to maintain a close personal relationship with your customers. Buying and selling go beyond the exchange of goods for cash or services for a fee. Marketing goes beyond that, you need to keep your customers yours. In keeping your customers as a Shopify merchant you need to keep them within reach.
Email automation helps you grow your Shopify store in certain ways. Emails can do as much as increase traffic to your web page, boost sales, help you get feedback from experiences they have from the usage of the product gotten from your store, and many more. All that is listed above can be done seamlessly without having to email your buyers or potential buyers.
Automated emails are pre-written emails that are scheduled to be sent to a customer depending on their activity or interactions with your web page. These emails can lead them to take a purchase action, get subscribed to your mail list, and awareness of a new product in the store.
Design custom welcome mats, pop-ups, redirect or block unwanted traffic, display sold count, and many more for your store using the Storebundle Shopify app. Visit Storebundle today
Types of email automation
Automated emails can have a long list of types. The need for an email determines the content of such email, hence numerous types of email automation. Let’s mention a few of them;
This is the email a customer gets on their first interaction with your Shopify store irrespective of their activity. Or the first email they receive after subscribing to your mailing list whether they make a purchase or not.
- Browse Abandonment
The essence of email automation is to keep your customers or potential customers in touch with your brand. Email marketing is to gradually build your Shopify store with your existing, new, or potential customers. Browse abandonment email is sent to customers who have taken interest in a product but is yet to purchase for a while. A well-engaged email campaign can turn a prospective client into a first-time customer and make your first-time customers into regular buyers.
You usually would find users who would fill their carts for days without a purchase. Did they forget? What are they still waiting for to punch the buy button?
Well, you would find your answers if you create a personalized bond between your customers and your Shopify store. Emails can be used to remind a customer of what they left in their cart unpurchased. This will help reduce your abandonment rate and increase sales.
Thank you. We would love to have you again. Or an email requesting feedback on the product they got from your store.
This email is sent to ensure that your customers are satisfied with the service they got from you. With this customers get the chance to share their experience with a product and how you can improve its shortcomings where necessary.
Post Purchase/Follow Up
There’s no use of a product when the customer does not know how to get the most out of that product. Having a product education mail for your customers gives them more conviction to get the item or how to use it post-purchase.
How Does Sendmunk’s Email Marketing Benefit Shopify Merchants?
- A pipeline to increase sales: A cart created by a customer in your store for a while which they’ve probably abandoned, automated emails can be used as a reminder to the product abandoned in the cart. It can do as much as give a new product awareness or a similar product the buyer could be interested in.
- Time Efficient: Automated emails are programmed to be timely. You can schedule them to be sent to the right person at the right time. You don’t have to keep an alarm on to send emails. You literally can take a rest and let the system work it out.
- Reach more: a Shopify store deals with a lot of customers they need to keep in contact with. Now imagine if you have to manually email 1,000 users a day, that’s a heck of a job right? Hence the reason for automated emails.
- Interactive Customer-Merchant relationship: A email that carries a personal touch would have interacted much better than a rigid email. Email automation can help you send personalized messages to your customers at scheduled intervals.
- Contact are in segments: keeping your contact in categories helps your Shopify store meet the needs of each person effectively. To use email automation you need to grow an email list. The email meant for an existing customer might not be able to catch the attention of a new customer or someone who just visited the store. Segmenting your emails to meet each category would give your email marketing a good result. There is what to send to who and when to send it.
- You can operate your Shopify store right from your Sendmunk account. From your Sendmunk page, you can see details of purchase and cart activities a buyer engages in as well as what product they are interacting with the most.
The benefit of using an email marketing service such as Sendmunk is that you get to optimize your emails and synchronize your store with your Sendmunk account. The result of optimizing your emails helps you know how many of your emails land in the inbox and not the spam box. You get to track your open rates, click rates, and CTAs.
This can be better achieved using Sendmunk. This will help you know which of your emails are doing better and how to improve on others with challenges. With Sendmunk, you can do as much as create and send push notifications, send and automate email campaigns, use SMS/MMS chatbot, and create signup forms.
Know more on how to automate your emails to draw traffic and sales to your Shopify store. Create an account with Sendmunk now and get a free account package at $0 to automate emails for your Shopify store.