For people to become aware of your products as a business owner, you must position yourself in a way that gives you visibility. And in this digital era, an ecommerce website is one of the fastest ways for people to discover your brand and become aware of your products or service.
Why you should create an e-commerce website
With an E-commerce website, you’ll be able to allow you to reach more people with an organized website that showcases your products clearly and in a manner that your customer can relate to.
The amazing thing about creating an E-commerce website now is that they’re easier to create thanks to tons of excellent website builders like Shopify, WordPress, Wix, which help you with all the hard parts. With them, you’ll be able to create your own website with just a few clicks. All you have to do is identify the website builder that best suits your business needs.
Also, creating an E-commerce website helps you better understand your customers, including their location, and how they found your website and heard about you. With this information, you’ll be able to create a better user experience for everyone who visits your website to make a purchase.
What you can do when you have an E-commerce store
Having your own E-commerce store gives you the rights to make your own rules and focus your marketing activities on the people who who need your products the most – your target audience. It gives you the freedom to directly impact the customer journey and user experience through the following ways:
- Proper description of your products through photos, videos and catchy copies.
- Create a layout and navigation process that aids your customers journey and tells a story with your products.
- Use color scheme and website theme to bring your website to life.
- Edit button placement and text to what suits the needs of your customers.
- Tell your company’s story through a details “About Us” page.
- Add a blog for an extra level of information.
- Showcase your customers and the reviews they share with you
How to create an E-commerce website
- Know what you want to be called, then secure a domain for it.
Creating an e-commerce website means that you need a web address or URL that everyone can identify as the home of your business online. And choosing a good domain name is important because it helps you build your brand even better and contributes to the overall success of your business online.
Also, when it comes to your SEO, a good domain contributes to how well you rank in search engines. So it’s important that you know what you want your business to be called – ensure its something that helps your customer identify or connect with you. You can then purchase a domain using a domain registrar service like GoDaddy, Google Domains, etc.
These websites will help you to easily identify domains that are available for your business name and also recommend other options if your desired domain is taken.
- Pick an E-commerce platform
Your e-commerce platform is where your site is hosted or “lives” online and there are free e-commerce platforms with features you can easily start with to test the waters.
When hunting for an e-commerce platform, you should consider the following;
- Platforms that are dedicated to e-commerce
- Platforms with features that’ll aid your business.
Picking the right platform is a very important step in the process of building your e-commerce website. So, take the time to test-drive the options and consider your growth goals before settling on a solution.
- Plan and build your E-commerce website
Once you’ve decided on the right e-commerce platform to use, the next thing will be to decide what will be on the website. You’ll need to consider the following:
- Logo and brand imagery – This is what represents your brand, so make sure it’s something that encompasses what your business is about.
- Product photos, descriptions, pricing, Inventory etc.
- Your story – This is your chance to connect with potential buyers, so make the “About Us” as catchy and selling as possible.
- Blog content to increase your e-commerce website’s search engine rankings.
- User-friendly navigation
- Organize Your eCommerce Website Based On How People Shop.
- Include a Search Bar.
- Include Reviews.
- Set up tools to enable payment and marketing
While some e-commerce platforms have inbuilt payment processing, others don’t and will require you to integrate 3rd party tools to handle these tasks. Know what will work for you and go for it.
- Payment processing and setup
Some Ecommerce platforms offer plug-and-play integration with great payment services that allow you to connect your own payment gateway and merchant account. Shopify has its own payment solution though and plug-and-play payment services are known to be the simplest, and often the most economical, options for small businesses who are new to the market. And with a Plugin like StoreBundle, your Shopify website will be set up smoothly and ready to run in no time.
- Email marketing and social media setup
For email and social media marketing, some E-commerce websites offer robust tools that you can benefit from. An all-in-one solution like Shopify leads the pack with complete marketing toolkits that’ll help you build and use email lists to connect with customers, plus sell products and send promotions across your social media accounts in a few clicks.
- Test and launch your E-commerce website
All E-commerce websites create different ways of handling your launch test. But you’ll be allowed to run a few pre-launch test orders through the system. The orders will e connected with your payment processor, but won’t charge your card. Once you’ve been able to send some test orders successfully and have been able to identify bugs in order to have them fixed, you’re ready to open your website to the public for business.
Like we stated at the very beginning, we’re now in a digital age and creating an E-commerce website is easier now than ever. Without prior knowledge of coding or other technical skills, you have modern platforms like Storebundle that make the process quick and seamless and you can integrate quick and easy plugins to help you generate more sales and engage with your customers easily. So, if you’ve been thinking about creating an E-commerce website, you can start with just a page or 2 and get to creating with a platform of your choice.